Nokia C5-03, A Cheap Wi-Fi Touch Screen Phone

| Posted in , , , , , | Posted on 10/14/2010 10:30:00 AM

Is Nokia starting to name their mobile phones with the names of some road (Circumferential Road 5, C-5 Road) here in the Philippines? I hope they go back to the one letter, 2 digits number naming system of their mobile phones. 


The Nokia C5-03 is a Symbian S60 touch phone. It has Wi-Fi, GPS and a fixed focus 5MP camera. Plus, it is really light weight too (93 grams). It has a 3.2” resistive touch screen, which is a disappointment since many prefer a capacitive touch screen. It has no secondary camera for video call and comes with a 2GB microSD card.

Nokia C5-03 offers quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE and tri-band 3G with HSDPA (10.2Mbps) and HSUPA (2Mbps). It’s 1000 mAh battery is expected to last 11.5 hours of talk time and up to 35 hours of music playback. It is expected to be available at the end of 2010 at a price of 273 USD or around 10,230 in Philippine Peso (before taxes and subsidies).

I am a Nokia fan but I will pass on this one. I still have my 1 year old but still dependable Nokia N97. The Nokia C5-03 targets the middle class. I'll recommend it for those who want a touch phone with Wi-Fi connection and rely on Maps for navigation. Navigation with Ovi Maps is great, I tried it here in Manila and abroad. If there's no Satellite Fix for the GPS in some place, I just make use of the map. But I do want a Nokia N8 for Christmas...

Comments (3)

hahaha nice observation on the naming! :D

the nokia c5-01 is running on Symbian^1.. S60 5th edition just like on the Nokia 5800.. bummer.. they should have the Symbian^3 in it... tsk3

They should start using Symbian^3 on all their new units. But I think that's what you get for a cheap Nokia C5-01.

Related Posts with Thumbnails