List of Android Phones Supported by Skype Video Calls

| Posted in , , , , | Posted on 8/05/2011 11:46:00 AM

I enjoy instant messaging services for mobile phones as they require no additional network fees when connected to Wi-Fi or an unlimited data plan. One of the leading instant messaging service is Skype, it is stable and has good quality voice and video calls.


You can install Skype application to most OS today, but not all support video calls. My cell phone, an Android powered HTC Desire HD was not capable of doing so, but recently Skype rolled out a new version that makes it possible for my phone (along with other Android devices) to support video conference. One downside for my HTC DHD is there’s no front camera on it. Either I let who I’m talking to see me using the 8MP main camera or I’m the one to view them.

Still, the latest version of Skype is a good upgrade.:)

Here’s the list of the Skype video calls enabled Android phones:

•  Acer A5
•  HTC Desire (2.2)
•  HTC Desire HD
•  HTC Evo 3D
•  HTC Evo 4G
•  HTC Flyer
•  HTC Incredible S
•  HTC Sensation
•  HTC Thunderbolt - Verizon (2.2) (US only)
•  LG Revolution - Verizon (2.2) (US only)
•  Samsung Droid Charge - Verizon (2.2) (US only)
•  Samsung Galaxy S
•  Samsung Galaxy S II
•  Samsung Galaxy Tab
•  Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro
•  Sony Ericsson Xperia Play
•  Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray



Comments (1)

Very useful information

Related Posts with Thumbnails