Why are people changing their Facebook Profile Picture to Cartoons?

| Posted in , , , , , | Posted on 12/01/2010 12:05:00 PM

Maybe you are wondering why people suddenly changed their primary profile image.  If you’re still clueless and want to know the answer, here’s my clue: it got something to do with childhood memories.


I just recently changed mine to Mighty Mouse, a Superman like mouse possessing super powers. First appeared in 1942 in a theatrical animated short titled The Mouse of Tomorrow. Not that I grew up around 1940’s or somewhere near that time line, I like Mighty Mouse because he’s what I grew up with in Philippine Television around early 90’s. My cartoon childhood memories are Bozo the Clown, Super Book, Flying House, Yogi Bear etc. Those are the days of not so complicated life.


Back to Facebook, I received a message that says “Change your Facebook profile picture to a cartoon from your childhood and invite your friends to do the same. There should be no human faces on Facebook but an invasion of memories to raise awareness for Violence Against Children”. So, the social networking site is being put into good use by promoting social awareness and preventing violence against children.   Change your Facebook primary photo now.

Comments (4)

cute choice Daniel ;)

Thanks!

now i know who mighty mouse is.. hihi.. thanks for visiting my blog.. :)

juicekodai

people are deffinatley changing their pictures for child abuse.

Related Posts with Thumbnails