Download and Install Swype for Nokia

| Posted in , , , , , , | Posted on 11/15/2010 07:33:00 AM

Swype is now available for download via Ovi Store! But the final version is only available for Nokia N8. Other touch screen phones can also try this new way of typing by downloading and installing the Beta version via Nokia Beta Labs.



Devices that are currently supported are Nokia N8, N97, N97mini, 5800, 5230, Nokia X6 and C6-00. I installed it on my Nokia N97 by copying the file to my phone memory (the 32GB internal memory) and the installation was quick and easy. 

Swiper no swiping!

Settings
I still have to familiarize myself using Swype and maybe I’ll do a follow up review after. First impression is I have difficulty using my big fingers Swyping, so I used the stylus dongle for my phone. I think Swype is fun but nothing beats the old comfortable QWERTY for fast and accurate typing. I guess the saying “Once you go QWERTY, you never go back” defeats the “Why Swype when you can type”.

Comments (0)

Related Posts with Thumbnails