Change Your Blogger's (Blogspot) Favicon

| Posted in , , , , | Posted on 7/13/2011 01:40:00 PM

What is a favicon? A favicon (short for favorites icon), also known as a website icon, shortcut icon, url icon, or bookmark icon is a 16×16, 32×32 or 64×64 pixel square icon associated with a particular website or webpage. Having your own unique favicon adds a more professional look to your site. 


Changing of favicon in Blogspot used to be complicated. I used to edit my blog’s HTML and copy a code from a certain site just to change the icon. But it seems like Blogspot simplified the process recently (I don’t know exactly since when) by actually allowing users to simply change their site’s favicon with a few click of buttons. 


Here’s how to change your Favicon:

  • Create or download your icon and save to PC.
  • Go to your Blogger’s dashboard.
  • Click Design Tab
  • In the Page Elements tab, you’ll see the Edit Favicon on the upper right portion, just under the Add and Arrange Page Elements. Press Edit.
  • Press browse to upload your Favicon.
  • Save and preview.

That’s it! Hope my fellow bloggers appreciate the heads up. You can thank me by following this blog, following this blog's Twitter account, linking or just a simple thanks on the comments section.:)

Comments (4)

haha thank you for the explanation, i wondered what favicon was!! :)

You're welcome Muchang!:)

I just noticed this too 2 days ago and I'm glad because it's not much of a hassle now every time I have to change template.

I used to do it too through html codes.

I'm still doing it with HTML codes on this page. I don't know why, but my favicon won't appear when using that button on this blog.

Related Posts with Thumbnails