All Set for Milo 35th Marathon Rain or Shine!

| Posted in , , , , , | Posted on 7/30/2011 06:23:00 AM

This is my first time to join Milo Marathon and my 4th running event this year (3 21K and a 10K). I’m really excited for tomorrow since there will be a strict cut off time of 2 hours and 30 minutes, it’ll be a test if I can finish on time despite my weight gain of 3 kgs and lack of preparation due to nonstop rainfall.

Since there’s a great possibility of raining tomorrow, I decided to buy a cap to protect my eyes. My first experience of running under heavy rain was at the Rock and Run last year. I enjoyed running under the rain but from my experience it’s better to wear a cap or a visor to protect the eyes from rain drops. Good thing is there are baggage counters for 10K, 21K and 42K runners, I can bring extra clothes tomorrow. 

Here’s the list of things I’ll bring for tomorrow’s run:

  • Hydration belt
  • Energy drink
  • Energy gels
  • Cap
  • Ultraportable Phone
  • Money
  • Plastic (to put in my phone and money in case of rain)

I don’t think I’ll bring a camera tomorrow (or my huge camera phone) since I want to concentrate on running and I don’t want to leave valuables in the baggage area.

Good luck to all the runners at the 35th Milo Marathon tomorrow! For more info and reminders go to this link.

Comments (0)

Related Posts with Thumbnails