21K Run at Unilab Run United 1, March 6 2011

| Posted in , , , , , , | Posted on 3/06/2011 06:31:00 PM

Had a great time running my 2nd half marathon yesterday at Run United 1 2011. I’m glad that I beat my old PR by 12 minutes (my 1st half marathon was at QCIM2). As expected, the run was well organized, thanks to Run Rio and Unilab. Sufficient and well stationed hydration stops. The only thing that I notice was there were no cheerers on sight, I was expecting someone to yell “push, kaya mo yan” or any words of encouragement when I was on my last 3 Km. But other than that, the race is great. 

21K Gun Start
My Finisher's Medal


The weather was just fine yesterday, the sun showed up despite the nonstop drizzle the whole evening. I could have used a little precipitation instead of the burning heat when I was running my way back up on the Skyway. It was my first time to run alone because my siblings are all working abroad and the rest of the gang are busy with their work. 

The race result was posted only hours after the race. Too bad, I can’t find my name and bib number (and pictures of course) on the result posted by Unilab. I emailed RunRio regarding my concerns. I hope they’ll resolve whatever the problem is. Good thing is my friend took a shot when I was crossing the finish line, that’s why I was able to tell that I crossed the finish line 2:30:** after the gun start.

I met some interesting people during the race. I saw Team Logan on my way back to the Skyway. The ballerina(?) dressed Tessa Prieto overtook me on my first way up the Skyway, I heard Shivaker ran and did saw him in Mercato Centrale grabbing something to eat (not a shawarma!). And of course the other runners who deserve that medal after the race. I have to thank a runner with the Spongebob balloon, it was the waving spongebob that I chased when my legs told me to stop running.


I rewarded myself with a feast at Mercato Centrale after the race. The Sunrise Bucket’s Buffalo Wings is a must try. There’s also a stall with Bicolano dishes where you can find great tasting laing, sinanglay, pinangat and my favourite, the real bicol express. Too bad, I forgot to take a picture of the bicol express. It went straight to my tummy as soon as I got home. 

Sunrise Bucket's Buffalo Wings
Angus Beef
Mochiko Green Tea

I am looking forward the next race I will be joining. I will definitely on the second leg of Run United. More power to Unilab and Run Rio! Congratulations to those who finished the race yesterday!

Comments (5)

Got my result posted na after the email I sent to feedback@runrio.com. Thanks Unilab and RunRio!

Pero wala pa rin palang pictures. Hope they'll resolve it. Pero okay na yun.

It seems gradual ang pag upload nila ng pics. I checked yesterday wala pa pero ngayon meron na. Meron nga lang pics na hindi sa 'kin hehehe.

Okay na pictures and videos ko. Tama sila lahat kaya lang may malaking mama na naka harang sakin.haha

I have to thank a runner with the Spongebob balloon, it was the waving spongebob that I chased when my legs told me to stop running.

Hi...ako po si Spongebob Runner the runner with spongebob balloon..yn
Pwede nyo open yung FB account ko Merl Magtangob...

Related Posts with Thumbnails