Sun Broadband Speedtest

| Posted in , , , | Posted on 12/19/2009 02:33:00 AM


Okay. How fast your broadband is? There are three top broadband plug in providers in the Philippines, Smart, Globe and Sun Broadband. I used to be a Smartbro prepaid user. What happened is I got so frustrated using it because the only thing I can do with it is open my e-mail. On some rare occasion it goes faster while I’m downloading something, but after a certain download, back to 10kbps snail speed.  My friend has a Globe Tattoo and said that it’s “okay”. Not fast, not slow.

Exactly a month and a week ago my sister decided to get a new internet connection. This time, a Sun Broadband. I was skeptic at first because of my previous experience with plug ins. And I was expecting that she’ll get a DSL this time. She told me that her friends recommended Sun Broadband and it’s easy to get one. Just visit a Sun Center, present a valid ID, pay and go home with your new plug in. She paid the 888.00 php modem charge (no holding period) and the service fee for a month of 799.00 php unlimited use. So that’s 799.00php monthly which I’m paying to my sister for this connection.

Now for the Speedtest. I test my connection yesterday at random times. Here’s the screenshot:


 
 Time is in GMT so that's +8 hours here in Philippines.
 
You can see the date and time when the test is conducted at the screenshot. Sun Broadband promised a 2mbps but that's a 2.20mbps download and 0.34mbps upload for me. Oh, by the way. I reside at Roces area, Quezon City when I did the speed test. For those who wants to test their internet connection just click here.


Comments (2)

so will it be the same pag prepaid sim and hsdpa phone ang gagamitin na nakaconnect sa laptop?

I don't thinks so. Haven't tried it yet but will look into it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails